From: Wood, Thomas [mailto:Wood.Thomas@UIS.EDU]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 3:17 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Bizarre reference request

Today we received an otherwise routine request from a patron asking for some
specific marriage records (which are among the holdings if the Illinois
Regional Archives Depository here). It was routine -- she provided exact
names and dates --except for the postscript: "I would like the records for
White Caucasian persons only."

I'm not quite sure what to make of that...

Thomas J. Wood
Archivist
Archives/Special Collections LIB 144
University of Illinois at Springfield