Re: temperature variation between storage areas

Well, I'd always heard that the biggest problem is fluctuations in Temp &
Humidity, so you might be doing more damage by bringing things back & forth
than if you just leave them in the processing room until they're finished.

While the higher temps are bad, I imagine you won't be keeping these
materials out for years, but weeks or a month or two at most.  The amount of
damage over that period is probably not as terrible as it might be if they
would be out of storage for a long time.  The only other thing to think
about is if you have materials in colder storage (say 25-30 degrees F), you
should let them come to a working temperature gradually if possible.  I've
read that the drastic shift from cold storage to more standard room temp is
very hard on materials.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021