Re: photograph scanning project

Hello,

I am a new listserv member.  I would like any advice on photograph
scanning projects.  We have about 25,000 photographs and we are looking
into cataloging and scanning the photographs.  We prefer a database in
which the catalog record can be linked to the scanned image and a
database that was key word searching.  The first question is what
databases would be good for this part of the project.  We have the
minaret software.  Has anyone used this software for a photo
cataloging/scanning project or is their a better database.

My next question is does anyone have advice on what type of computer or
scanner would be good for such projects?  Also what scanning software
have people used?

Finally are there any websites or printed material on the topic that
might assist me?

--
Elizabeth Shepard, Assistant Archivist
NewYork Weill Cornell Medical Center Archives