photograph scanning project

Thank you to everyone who respond to my photograph scanning inquiry.  I
received several messages off list.  Here is a summary.

Photograph/Imaging Cataloging Software:

Contentdm (2 people)  (http:contentdm.com and for sample
http:history.utah.org/photos/c275)  (another example for Contentdm see
www.lib.utah.edu/digital/digcol.html)

Inmagic DB/Textbooks  (3 people)

Luna Insight (for viewing) with Willoughby Associates Multi MIMSY (for
cataloging) (for example see
http:rmc.library.cornell.edu/adw/adwdigitizing.asp)
They also have information on their digital projects.

FileMakerPro

Archive Impact  (www.archiveimpact.com).  They are a vendor.

Scanning Equipment:

Agfa Duoscan T2500 scanner
Epson Expression 1640XL flatbed with transparency hood
Nikon LS-1000 slide scanner (a few years old)
Hewlett Packard Scanjet (series 6390C)

For scanning software people are either using the software that came
with their scanners or Adobe Photoshop 6.

Other websites:

Denver Public Library:  I just type it in the yahoo search box.  Click
onto the Western Photographs Collection.

http://www.ark-ives.com/photo  Arkansas History Commission look under
SOD project papers

Book: DeWitt, Donald L. "Going Digital" Haworth Press.

--
Elizabeth Shepard, Assistant Archivist
NewYork Weill Cornell Medical Center Archives