AGFA Horizon Ultra Scanner problems

Greetings Esteemed Listers:

With apologies to those of you *not* using AGFA scanners, we are
experiencing an episode of cascading chaos with our AGFA Horizon Ultra
scanner. What began as a software glitch (suddenly going preoccupied in the
middle of a negative scan, which effectively shut down the scanner) has now
become a hardware problem (a message comes on screen giving an error number
and advising contacting AGFA).

Unfortunately, this model "is no longer supported" by AGFA. They won't even
talk about how to contact someone who will talk about it. Would anyone who
is currently using an AGFA Horizon Ultra scanner please contact me about
the possibility of getting this scanner repaired. It's a good scanner and I
hate to throw it into the state surplus heap if I don't have to.

With thanks,

Mark

Mark E. Martin
Assistant Curator for Image Resources