Re: Questions that didn't used to be sinister

Ahem... "In war, the first casualty is truth."

For some reason people always think that this dictum doesn't apply to
whatever war we're in the middle of. I think it is pretty much guaranteed
that the bulk of the information we see and read about the current conflict
will be composed of equal parts misinformation, disinformation, obscured
information and irrelevant information. If I may paraphrase: "There are
lies, damned lies, and Pentagon news releases." So I don't think anyone has
much to fear about Osama picking up troop movement information on CNN.

There is a very interesting news site containing alternative views culled
from North American and UK newspapers called "Common Dreams" -
http://www.commondreams.org

Jeff

J. Jeffrey O'Brien
City of Saskatoon Archivist
Tel:  306-975-7811
Fax: 306-975-2612

2002 Calendars on sale now!  For ordering information and to see a preview,
visit us at:

http://www.city.saskatoon.sk.ca/org/clerks_office/archives/ar-gall.asp#2002c
alendars