"musty"

 For once I agree with D. Sokolow:  the cliche used by journalists regarding
archives /old documents has got to go. (disclaimer:  I loathe cliches
everywhere).  the question is, how to enforce this point.  Anyone know any
journalism professors?  newpaper editors?  Journalists are trained to write
quickly and to communicate as fast as possible, hence the over-reliance on
cliches.  But when the cliches are ERRONEOUS.....  Or we could have an
ARchivists Unite day on which we all simultaneously send letters to the
editor on the subject of disassociating "musty" --and synomous terms--from
"archives."
    What do the listserv folks think?
Linda Morrison, Boston area