stickers

Some time ago I posted a question to the list saying that I had
received a donation of materials where the donor had put computer made
self-adhesive labels on each item that said "[Name of Donor] Menu
Collection" and asked for opinions about taking the labels off,
assuming that I find I can remove them without damaging the items.  I
basically got two opinions:

*leave them on ("since it's the original condition in which these
came (short of imminent conservation concerns)"

*take them off (" I could see saving a bookplate on the inside cover
of a book (think "Ex Libris Thomas Jefferson", etc.) but if these
items are published by other departments and just handed out at a
function, I see no need to keep the chef's identity on them.")

As often happens, we can get permission from one or another of our
fellow archivists to do whatever we want to do!

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive