Re: Who Flies the UN Flag?

Greetings from up North:
In follow up to the post about the anti-UN feelings in southern Utah - it seems to me to have had a problem with the UN and the United States role in it for a while.  A few years ago, when I last visited southern Utah, I saw signs by the highways which stated "End the conspiracy, Pull the United States out of the UN."  I don't know how much has changed since then, it doesn't sound like a lot. Then again it was just a few short years ago, that the United States was refusing to pay all of its dues to the United Nations. I also was left with the impression that it wasn't just the UN people were worried about in Utah.  There was also a large number of people who felt that any sort of direction from Washington, DC. was dangerous and threatened their rights (particular when it came from the Bureau of Land Management).

My two cents...or 0.5 cents Canadian.

Regards,

Stephen Roth
Archival Assistant