Re: Photograph Preservation

I am also interested in the answers as we have the same problem but the glue has stuck to both sides of the photographs and they were prised apart with great 'delicate force'. Now they are interleaved with acid free paper but probably the paper will stick also.

Nighat Saleemi
Reference Librarian and Archivist
The Hotchkiss School
POBox 800
Lakeville, CT 06039
Tel: 860-435-3258

>>> Nancy Iannucci <niannucc@EMMA.TROY.NY.US> 01/14/02 01:26PM >>>

Hello All:

I am a new member to the archives listserv.  I have a quick question/problem that I hope I can be helped with.  I am in the middle of processing photographs (class pictures- for a school archives).  At one time, the backs of these photographs were glued to large pieces of colored oak tag paper (as a means of classroom display).  Is there some sort of "safe" solution that I can apply to the backs of these photographs in order to get this paper/gluey residue off?   Any suggestions...

Thanks,
Nancy Iannucci