Re: Skirting the dreaded...

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Moser, Dennis wrote:

> Yeah, but think about the possibilities! Who needs to use "CA" when for a
> mere $500 you can call yourself an ARCHIVIST! ("I pledged my $500, so I can
> now call myself an ARCHIVIST!" So much for graduate school!) I wonder if we

I have a letter from an association I belong to with members with a
variety of pay scales--from Struggling Artist to More than Well Endowed by
the University, these were their categories and names:

Our contribution categories are:
$25 - $49 Friend
$50 - $99 Sponsored Member Club
$100 - $249 Commissioner's Club
$250 - $499 President's Club
$500 - $999 Benefactor Club
$1,000+ Patron Club

"Commissioners" in this case being "someone who commissions a
composition," rather than police commissioner.

This did serve to remind me of an article my mother sent me from the
Detroit Free Press about the importance of manners in asking and receiving
money from donors.  The Detroit Symphony had someone who took the time to
send nice thank-you letters to donors, and being polite to those even in
lower-level donor ranks encouraged some donors to make much, much, larger
gifts.

Carole E. Nowicke, Ph.D., M.L.S., C.P.P.
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, International Tuba-Euphonium Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>