Re: A solution to our image problems!?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Sokolow, Daniel wrote:

> Well, according to our ol' buddy Nicholson Baker, we're already committing

Speaking of imaging problems,

I was thinking about Nicholson Baker recently, how he'd say "AHA!" at my
problem of trying to get reasonably legible printouts from a 1948 Saturday
Evening Post, and a 1898-ish Harper's.  I can barely read either of these
documents on UMI produced film in my university's micrographics
holdings--tried several machines, all equally bad, plus the laser
printouts are poorer quality (in terms of legibility)  than the old
"slimey" system they used to have produced. They were grey, but I could at
least read them.

I'm going to try and work around my problem by getting
friends at other institutions to get copies of the two articles for me...

Carole Nowicke

Carole E. Nowicke, Ph.D., M.L.S., C.P.P.
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, International Tuba-Euphonium Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>