Re: Dropping Like Flies

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:12:48 -0600, Moser, Dennis <dmoser@LEE.EDU> wrote:

> Take a long at the
>soul-searching over on the Rec-Mgmt list if you don't believe me. Positive
>proselytizing of this profession is s 24x7x365 endeavor and word-of-mouth
>does an amazing job.

Oh I wouldn't say we are going through soul-searching over there per se, but
rather trying to get our professional association to wake up and take
advantage of opportunities to promote the profession.. And yes it is
24x7x365 endeavor in which a professional association should be taking the
lead. The Andersen-Enron debacle is a golden opportunity for the promotion
of records management principles, practices and procedures. One must take
advantage of situations. Shoot the National Association of Information
Destruction (250 members) has been interviewed on NPR and yesterday the
Chicago Tribune ran a long story about shredding and information
destruction.

SAA has been held up as an example of an organization that is quick off the
mark to exploit a situation in order to promote the profession by advocating
certain viewpoints.

You want to change folks viewpoints or raise their awareness? Then cultivate
the press, I know I've said it before, but that is your best avenue for
changing folks perceptions.

Peter Kurilecz
pakurilecz@aol.com