earthquake follow-up

Hey gang - a heartfelt thank-you to all who wrote to express their concern
about our little shaker up here yesterday AM.   The preliminary data has
been refined to an EQ of magnitude 5.1, located 22 miles down; and an
aftershock of 4.9, located about 17 miles down.  The actual location turned
out to be about 1 mile east of work and not anywhere near my home (yeah!).
Since my daughter gets home first, she went around straightening things up,
so I didn't get a first-hand look at any of the mess.  According to her,
some boxes fell out of a kitchen cabinet (the door is currently off for
hinge repair), and her hedgehog cage had shimmied partially off its
underlying support (the rabbit cage :> ).
Looks like we dodged the bullet again - although it was the biggest EQ I
have experienced in my 21 years up here.

Again, thank you for all your messages of concern and goodwill.     ttfn -
Jill.

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457