From: "Maxwell, Daryl" <daryl.maxwell@UNISTUDIOS.COM>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: Preserving Glitter

> It sounds to me like you have to make a decision.  Either the card will be
preserved or it will be something that people can pick up and handle.  I'm
not sure there really is a good way to do both.  If you encapsulated the
card in mylar, which could help with the loss of the glitter, it will not
keep the glitter from coming off the card, just keep it from getting on the
handlers and being lost.  And the repeated handling will ultimately result
in damage, even if the card is encapsulated.