Re: Enron and Arthur Anderson archivists

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:21:51 EST, UFTARCH1@AOL.COM wrote:

>2/8/02
>
>       Thanks for your response, Paul.  I can appreciate your concerns
>related to the anonymous individual that you mentioned--is it really a
>privacy issue, though?-- You must know that published organizational
>directories that are distributed widely are in the public domain and are
>therefore public information.

The ARMA directory to which you are referring was distributed to members
only, and is for members use only. It also hopelessly out of date, too.
Membership data is now accessible by members only via the ARMA website. I
go along with Paul on this one. I can access the membership database, but I
would not want to give out the information.

Peter Kurilecz
pakurilecz@aol.com