Re: Enron and Arthur Anderson archivists

2/8/02

      Thanks for your response, Paul.  I can appreciate your concerns related to the anonymous individual that you mentioned--is it really a privacy issue, though?-- You must know that published organizational directories that are distributed widely are in the public domain and are therefore public information.

      I just didn't have the wherewithal to go through all the ARMA members' names and someone just emailed me to say that she was a member of the Houston archivists local group and didn't know of an Enron archivist.  Since the story broke in the news I have felt that it would be nice if our two professions (archives and records mgt.) shared our support and concern for any professional colleagues that worked in either of these two companies.

      It would be invaluable for any Enron records staff to comment to the list but I can understand the problems with that--emotional as well as perhaps legal.  So I was just hoping to send a personal email in support of them so that they know that they are not forgotten as they deal with this difficult situation.

                                          Sincerely,   Lucinda

Lucinda Manning, Director
UFT Archives & Records Center
United Federation of Teachers