Re: Best printer/best ink or toner for archives

Title: RE: Best printer/best ink or toner for archives

I would be interested in answers to this query.   I've been checking into new printers and ran across several made by Epson that use "archival ink."   How archival is it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sr. Annamaria Stadick [mailto:amstadic@YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 11:45 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Best printer/best ink or toner for archives

Dear Listserv:
I was recently asked whether laser, inkjet, or any
other type of printer was best for creating documents
that are meant to be preserved for a long time.  I
told the person first of all that the type of paper
was important, etc., but was wondering if anyone here
had any answers as to the best type of printer, and if
it can be helped, the best ink or toner to use.  Are
there any other factors I have to be aware of?

Thanks sincerely,
Sr. Annamaria Stadick
Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary