Re: physical location of digitization sites

At the Oregon Historical Society Research Library, we have the digital
imaging station in our processing area. This has some definite advantages:
better oversight of handling for archival materials and less chance of
damage or loss because the materials remain in the library. Whenever
possible and practical, I think the digital imaging station should be set up
within the institution. Of course it's also handy to have the equipment
nearby when other needs arise--such as scanning something quickly for a
newsletter or sharing an appropriate cartoon to give your colleagues a
much-needed laugh in trying times.

Sharon Howe, Photographs Archivist/Cataloger
Oregon Historical Society, Portland