Re: testing, testing,...

Silly me - Should have remembered the archives to the archives. Thanks.
Two questions spring to mind:

1. Why are librarians so over-sensitive about  their profession? My esteemed colleagues are increasingly taking to calling themselves "information professionals" . Do they really think that  neo-managerial gibberish is superior to the  honourable title of librarian?
At least archivists are still confident enough to call themselves archivists...

2. How do you ever follow such esoterica as the Super 12 in your part of the world?  As one, for good or ill (mainly ill) supporting the Hurricanes, it is something we have to endure, but you have a choice.

Tim (Get out of my way of I'll arrange, describe and send you down to conservation) Lovell-Smith

Tim Lovell-Smith
Manuscripts and Archives Section
ALEXANDER TURNBULL LIBRARY

http://tapuhi.natlib.govt.nz

>>> Peter Kurilecz <pakurilecz@AOL.COM> 11/03/02 14:00:32 >>>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:41:37 +1300, Tim Lovell-Smith <Tim.Lovell-
Smith@NATLIB.GOVT.NZ> wrote:

>Seem to have missed out on the original MLS message too - Could we have a
repost, please?

Sorry such redundancies are unnecessary considering that the listserv has a
very nice archives of all postings made to it since its inception. Here is
the url for the archives

Now I shall get back to reruns of the Super 12 competition.

Peter "Wondering why we are having deja vu postings" Kurilecz
pakurilecz@aol.com