ARCHIVAL REQUEST

Dear Archival Colleagues,

If any of you can help Conover Hunt in her quest for materials (see request below) relating to the state and territorial meetings that were held in preparation for the First National Women's Conference in Houston, Texas, in November of 1977, please reply to her directly at conoverhun@aol.com

Many thanks!

Valerie

>>>The Womens Museum:  An Institute for the Future in Dallas, Tx is organizing
a traveling loan exhibition commemorating the 25th anniversary of the First
National Women's Conference held in Houston, Tx in November, 1977. We have
reviewed the official report on the conference and other related published
works, and have access to the negatives of one of the official
photographers and the artifacts in the Division of Political History,
Smithsonian Museum of American History.

We are lacking in visuals, films and artifacts relating to the 56 state and
territorial meetings that preceeded the Houston Conference, and need
additional visuals that show the intense activity that took place outside
the conference hall itself. Furthermore, our film producer, Cynthia
Mondell, is seeking contacts with women who attended the state meetings and
national conference who would be willing to give oral history interviews
for inclusion in the films.

Please contact the curator, Conover Hunt, with information.

Conover Hunt
conoverhun@aol.com

This email was sent to: VBROWNE@wpo.it.luc.edu

Valerie Gerrard Browne, Director/Archivist
Women and Leadership Archives
Gannon Center and  University Libraries
Loyola University Chicago
Sullivan - 200