architectural plans

As a new hospital archivist, I have recently met with our facilities
development director and planning administrator about including finalized
building plans and architectural drawings in our archives. Our space for the
archives prohibits being too inclusive with the detailed drawings, but the
overall plans would document the development of our hospital system for the
last 50 or more years.
Has anyone had experience that you can share with what exactly is
appropriate to keep? And how to catalog/arrange?
Thank you in advance!
Fay Towell, Greenville Hospital System
Greenville, South Carolina