Re: vertical files to compact shelving

We have what you would call subject vertical files, but they are hanging
files and not stored in file cabinets. While we here (all two of us) call
them Subject Files amongst ourselves, I usually call them ready reference to
the patron. I often refer to them first and then get leads from them about a
certain collection, i.e. it gives the patron something to start with while I
go looking for more - which is nice since I have been here only two years. I
don't think we could appraise them though because they are basically copies
of media clippings and they are all very different in subject matter.
Dianne