Re: Questionable EBay listing

HI all,

We get this question all the time for material found in American
Memory. We refer patrons to our copyright statements for each collection
as many of the images in American Memory are public domain and the
Library technically cannot hold copyright for materials in its
collections.

However we have had people try to sell things that were not public domain
on Ebay. We alert the the appropriate division so that they can let the
copyright holder know and they can take appropriate action.

Danna Bell-Russel
Digital Reference Team
Library of Congress