Re: Request for film footage

At 11:58 AM 4/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
Fellow archivists,

I just had a request from Fonya Mondell who is with a production company
working with the Women's Museum in Dallas (Texas).  They are in search of
film footage of the first National Women's Conference held November 18-21,
1977 in Houston, Texas.
        We have four cubic feet of records from Kathryn Clarenbach's
tenure as Executive Director of the Nat'l Commission on the Observance of
International Womens' Year, which ran the conference.  It contains
"extensive planning documents, staff reports, and material on delegate
selection," but no film.

I was unable to help them, but thought I'd post this in the event that
someone else can help her.  If you can, please call her at 214-826-3863.
(Do not reply to me!)

        I do feel reluctant to spend (increasingly tight) money to call
her long distance and play phone tag on the off chance she might be
interested in paper documents--the query only says she's interested in film
footage.  Does she have an email address?

        List members.  Is it reasonable nowadays to expect researchers to
provide an email address?  Especially for questions like this sent
broadside to an entire list, rather than addressed to an individual repository?

        It's beginning to seem unusual here to draft, print, sign, stamp
and mail a paper response, too.  We're still happy to deal with people who
use paper, but it takes notably more time and effort, in part because I put
more time into crafting and proofing the more formal-seeming paper document.

                                --Steve Masar
                        University of Wisconsin-Madison Archives

Thanks.

Shelly Henley Kelly

UHCL University Archivist

Neumann Library