Re: 1814 Red Leather stains

Title: RE: 1814 Red Leather stains

Nancy,

Ah, the joys that come with clarification.  8-).

"Covered in red leather whose dye is transferring" does NOT sound like red rot and presents a completely different problem and approach.

As for "what is red rot", I refer you to the Conservation DISLIST (thanks for the reminder/research, Amy!) and the passing reference here: