Scanner recommendations

Hello colleagues,

I have taken on a new assignment: caring for the archives of the
Women's International Bowling Congress. Among other things, we have lots
of photographs, both color and black and white, which we want to scan
and maintain as JPEG files for use by the Public Relations Department.

Some of the photos are panorama size.  Can anyone recommend makes and
models of scanners that might be good for our project?

Thank you,

Jean E. DeLauche
Librarian-Historian
Women's International Bowling Congress