From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer [mailto:c_crawfo@CULINARY.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 7:18 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Preserving Food

Coincidentally, not five minutes ago, I opened an e-mail that was a
reference question from an outside patron that my boss forwarded to me. The
title of the e-mail was "need some culinary advice," but it was actually a
request for preservation advice. The person said her fiancé had proposed to
her "by chocolate being written on a piece of tile.  The restaurant gave us
the tile and of course we want to preserve it for years to come." And she
wants to know what would be a good way to preserve it (she suggests
polyurethane).

I was going to go to the CoOL website and see what I could find, but also
thought this would make a good (slightly early) Friday amusement.  Any
suggestions?

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian