Re: Mysterious provenance/561 note (Another RAIN commentary)

On Mon, 27 May 2002 12:25:21 EDT, Holly Hodges <FHHodges@AOL.COM> wrote:

>Wouldn't you love to write the 561 note for the SIdbury flagon?  But there
is
>still nothing to address its lost years between 1952 and 1983, never mind
>1850 to 1951.
>
>http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?
nodeId=99926&command=displayCont

>ent&sourceNode=99835&contentPK=1752095
>
>I had trouble with the link Peter K provided (my connections are very
>problematic today...) but I started with the thisisExeter site and did a
>search on Sidbury.  The second item yielded the above URL.  Believe me, the
>story is worth whatever it takes to get you there!

Holly
Thanks for taking the time to get the correct url. If there is one thing
that I could wish for -- it would be for webdesigners to use shorter urls
for the newspaper websites. Most are fairly straight forward but some such
as the Electronic Telegraph, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star and others have
tremendously long and virtually undecipherable urls.

I currently use Adobe Acrobat to capture the newspaper webpages. Adobe will
if the url is too long truncate it in the middle using ellipses (better
known as Herb Caen punctuation) '...' Sad to say but I don't have the time
needed to make sure that the urls are complete ie no ellipses.

Peterk
pakurilecz@aol.com