"Costumes and Chemistry"

I recently saw the above hardbound book, by Sylvia Moss, ISBN 0896762149
(Quite Specific Media Group Ltd), which has a wealth of information about
materials used in costumes and the adhesives, pen marks, and all sorts of
other materials that may interact with costume materials. As many costume
materials may be used for other artifacts, I thought I'd make the listserve
aware of the Sep 2001 book. Great color photographs of costumes, including
special effects items and molded suits. Even an alien or two! Includes
headdresses and tail feather things from chorus girls.  Rather nice charts
as to treatability of various materials and the inks or whatever that gets
onto them. Some items bond more readily than others to certain materials,
and suggestions for cleaning or dry cleaning are made. I would think this
book would be of value to many on the listserve who deal with fabrics,
plastics, fur (both real and faux), leather (both real and otherwise), etc.

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library
100 Kindel Drive, Ste C212