Re: Fwd: Re: candy in collections

Almost  all sugar in Belgium is derived from sugar beets, not sugar
cane or corn.  I still vividly remember the endless sugar beet fields
from my childhood in the Belgian countryside... Anyway, I don't know
whether beet sugar is used in the production of Coke over there, but
it most certainly is in the brewing of the many delicious Belgian
beers, and in the manufacturing of the Belgian pralines and waffles.
Personally I'll take a Trappist beer over a coke any time (after 5
p.m.). Sante!

Bart

--
Bart H. Ryckbosch