Waltons... & archivists in films

As I recall, the Walton series sprang from the semi-autobiographical work of
Earl J. Hamner, Jr.  There were two books, SPENCER'S MOUNTAIN and THE
HOMECOMING.

Have not seen on this Listserv any mention yet of the role of records (with
material missing) in THE MINORITY REPORT. Fascinating storage and retrieval
system.  Took daughter, Lilly, to see HEY, ARNOLD yesterday and was pleased
to see that records/archives play an important part in that story, too.
Okay, so the record keeper/jailer in THE MINORITY REPORT is a bit unsavory,
and the record keeper (who eats way way weigh too many donuts) and
archivist/historian/coroner (I don't even want to know what he eats) in HEY,
ARNOLD are little better.  At least none of them claimed, like Jocasta Nu in
CLONES, that if the information was not in their archives that it did not
exist or the events never happened.

Will not be in Alabama, sorry to say.  I was there a lot in my Corps of
Engineers days. Got a date with the certification exam in Seattle that week.
Have fun, y'all. Eat well.  Try the sweet tea if you've never had it.

Sorry, also, to report that we have cancelled adoption two as the repeated
false starts over the last 16 months just wore us out.  That decision was
about  as tough as, oh, amputating one's own leg at the knee with a
tablespoon.

Michael A. Tarabulski, Archivist
International Jazz Collections
Lionel Hampton Center