Re: Two Questions

On a personal note, my father was a guard at the Arizona camp near Florence.
I will always regret that he had not written his reminiscences before he
died, but he did tell me a little bit when I was a boy.  Dad said that he
did not remember any escape attempts while he was there, that the hardcore
Nazis among the prisoners were held in contempt by the rest, and that he
often accompanied squads of prisoners on work details.  He even said he can
remember laying down his rifle and taking a nap while they worked!

Kim (misses Dad when he sees such postings) Scott