Fwd: Research request re: sermons in the 50's

The archives at Union Theological Seminary has received a request from Josh
Prager, a Wall Street Journal staffer on leave to write a book-- on baseball,
as it happens. He is anxious to find collections containing sermons from the
1950's, which may make reference to his topic.

While we can certainly direct him to our collections from the period, he is
looking for breadth of coverage. If anyone can help him, please contact him
directly at Josh.Prager@dowjones.com. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Claire McCurdy
Archivist
Union Theological Seminary

<snip>...
On October 3, 1951, a baseball player named Bobby Thomson hit a home run.
The home run became known as the 'Shot Heard Round the World' and it remains
baseball's most famous moment. (It won the New York Giants the pennant over
the Brooklyn Dodgers and thrust them into the World Series against the
Yankees.)

<snip> I'd love to find any
mentions of the home run in sermons. The home run was hit on a Wednesday and
likely surfaced in countless sermons that first weekend (as well as on
through the years).

----- End forwarded message -----