Mugs! Support the SAA-UT Student Chapter!

Dear all:

The Society for American Archivists Univeristy of Texas at Austin Student
Chapter is currently
fundraising for the coming year's events. Our largest event this year will
be our celebration of National Archives Week, October 7-12 2002. Each year
the chapter organizes Archives Week events for the UT community, as well
as the entire city of Austin. There will be speakers throughout the
week and an Archives Clinic that will be held on the 12th at the Austin
History Center. The theme this year is "Archives Under Attack," for which
speakers will address the issues of archives in war and recent issues of
accountability. For the Archives Clinic the public is invited to bring
materials, such as letters, photographs, scrapbooks, and home movies, and
questions about archives and records, to the Archives Clinic to obtain
advice regarding preservation, organization, determining what to keep, and
the like. These events will all be open to the public, as are all
other chapter events during the year.

For further information about the chapter, including information on
previous years' Archives Week events, please visit our website at
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/%7Eepcsaa/index.html. This will be updated
often, so please continue to check back!

So... you can help us raise funds that will support the chapter's
activities by BUYING A MUG! The money will help bring in speakers for
Archives Week, host the Archives Clinic, and make possible the publicity for the week's events,
as well as support other activities throughout the year.

WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE?
To view a picture, visit our website at
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/%7Eepcsaa/index.html and
click on "Archives Mug." If any of you are familiar with last year's mug,
the design is the same. The resolution, however, is superior this year.

HOW CAN I GET ONE?
We can mail you one! An order form can be found on our website, at
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/%7Eepcsaa/index.html. Fill this out and follow
the mailing directions, and you will receive your mug shortly.

HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
$7.00 each. For mailing one, it will be $12.00 including shipping and
handling. For mailing of more than one, please contact Dixie Owen (email
found below), as the shipping and handling will vary.

We look forward to selling you mugs! Thank you for supporting the SAA-UT
Student Chapter.

Sincerely,

Molly Wheeler, President: mollyw@gslis.utexas.edu
Ben Stone, Vice President: bstone@gslis.utexas.edu