[B-Greek] ANUPOKRITOS in Wisdom 18:15

Ken Penner ken.penner at acadiau.ca
Mon Jun 16 14:52:38 EDT 2008

It seems to me that ANUPOKRITOS is not attested before its appearance in Wisdom.

I see that interpreting it in the sense of "irrevocable" (unwiderruflichen) goes back at least to K. Siegfried in Kautzsch's _Apokryphen und Pseudepigraphen des Alten Testamentes_ (1900), 505.

Ken

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
Acadia Divinity College
Hebrew and Greek vocabulary memorization software:
http://purl.org/net/kmpenner/flash/