Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 15:18:14 -0400
Subject: (Fwd) WWW> Time Magazine site web site (fwd)
--- Forwarded mail from Gleason Sackman <sackman@plains.nodak.edu>
To: net-happenings <net-happenings@is.internic.net>

NOTE from moderator:
extracted from the Oct 25, 1994 issue of NetCetera:

Time, Inc. made its first foray onto the Internet this week with an
experimental World Wide Web server that includes full text articles from
Time, Vibe, and Entertainment Weekly magazines. Time's "Pathfinder," also
includes a feature called "The Virtual Garden" which they are touting as
"the most comprehensive collection of consumer information on gardening
available online."

Two versions of the service are available; one includes full-color images
while the other is oriented towards those with text-only access.

--Access--
http://www.timeinc.com

--- End of forwarded mail from Gleason Sackman <sackman@plains.nodak.edu>

World-Wide-Web Access:
----------------------
http://www.timeinc.com
     [IMAGE]

                           WELCOME TO PATHFINDER,
                    TIME WARNER'S NEW HOME ON THE INTERNET.

Please click the appropriate choice for your bandwidth:

  HIGH-SPEED--A FULL-COLOR VERSION (70K)OF THE PATHFINDER WELCOME PAGE THAT
  CONSUMES SUBSTANTIAL MEMORY.

  LOW-SPEED--A FULL-TEXT VERSION OF THE PATHFINDER WELCOME PAGE WITH MINIMAL
  IMAGES.

Article 3536 of sci.bio.ecology: