[compost_tea] Re Subject headings, welcome and a few words

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:26:05 -0800

Hi folks,

It is a glorious day here in Anchorage, Alaska and we are all getting ready=
 for the first outdoor tea sessions.

Just a few housekeeping items from the people who maintain this list:

First, we are now up to about out 300 members and are in our "spring member=
ship boost" where new people sign up. It is most helpful if they can refer =
to subjects in the archives so please make sure yours is an accurate one wh=
en you send a message. Please do not reply to a "digest" as the subject is =
then listed "Re Digest #" which does no one any good and questions are repe=
ated that could be answered otherwise.

Second, Sunday is the day that folks with products can be blatant about it =
and advertise. Newbies may want to pay attention on Sundays and respond dir=
ectly to some of those selling product.

Third, there are no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers, so=
 don't be afraid to ask. No one here is in the business of slamming folks w=
ho ask questions even if they have been asked before. You may be directed t=
o a past post, but hopefully you will be answered.

Fourth, we are a friendly bunch with one thing in common: Compost tea. An o=
ccasionally flame is fine, but let's keep it to that and remain friendly an=
d courteous. You are a great bunch and we have not had any real problems in=
 this area, thankfully.

Finally, we are so lucky to have the attention of Dr. Elaine. Thank-you Dr.=
 Ingham for your assistance and your availability. We don't thank you enoug=
h for what you have done and what you do. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!=
!!!!

AND, thank all of you for participating in one heck of a useful listserve!

Cheers,

Jeff Lowenfels