[compost_tea] Re: keeping brew at 70 F

From: irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:51:30 -0700

Glen Thomson wrote:

>Irene-could you find a small aquarium heater that would fit in/on the
>side of your bucket.
>
>I've used a larger wattage one in my 22 gal. brewer, but mostly find it
>unnecessary this time of year (aim for close to 70F to start).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find one. It's still too cool
here (light frost last night) to keep the brew warm without some
external heat source.

 From recent posts I understand that the microbial action itself warms
the tea, just as it does in the compost bins. So I guess something
with a thermostat is necessary, right?

Many thanks,

irene

"If you wish to make an apple pie truly from scratch, you must first invent
the universe."
                       -- Carl Sagan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/0PSxlB/TM