[compost_tea] Re: Is foliar proven of value?

From: growest2002 <g.w.thomson_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:19:29 -0000

Steve-I thank you as well for sharing that.

 I have enough info to be able to choose foliar fish/seaweed as part
of my plant management system, just wondering if there's an easier
way
to do it, i.e. in the CT as it's being applied to foliage.

In practice, I'll be foliaring the fertilizers more often than CT, so
it won't be that much time saving, but half an hour here and there is
always a bonus!

My understanding, by the way, is that most foliars are transported
into the stomata by the little hairs (cilia?) around them, which
occurs best at temps above 52F as early in the morning as that is
possible. Late afternoon/evening being a possible alternative.
Scorching of leaves by hot midday sun is a definite threat, same as
with foliaring CT in midday sun.

Also, the info I've seen indicates that simple organic compounds are
transported in much better than chemical salts, so organic ferts are
superior in foliar feeding (as opposed to root feeding where
inorganic
salts can diffuse in like in hydroponics).

Still wondering if I dare mix in these products with the CT and spray
as quick as possible...

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> Thanks Steve for your test work and for sharing it. It is test
work
like that the describes why CT and all that goes together with
Organic. Bob

> Steve Bridges <kimas_at_t...> wrote:Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/0PSxlB/TM