[compost_tea] Re: Kelp Questions

From: irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 11:56:32 -0700

  Bob Norsen wrote:

>Kelp.applied directly is no more than good fertilzer. Kelp applied
>as TEA is both fertilizer and the microbes to make it namy times as
>effective.

I've been wondering about soil amendments, too. If we use kelp (for
instance) in the production of CT, then is it no longer necessary to
add it as a soil amendment?

What about the other things like lime, fish meal, compost, rock
phosphate, glacial rock dust, etc., etc. Does adding some or all of
these things to CT replace the need to add them to the soil?

Somehow I keep thinking that there should be already stuff present in
the soil for the CT-carried bacteria and fungi to eat when they get
there.

Thanks again to all who answer newbie questions. : )

irene

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!