Re: [compost_tea] Observation and questions

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 22:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

This is Bob I'll weave my notes into your message ok?Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net> wrote:

1) I’ve had some feedback from one member of our fruit club who used our compost tea

last Sunday. He just told me:

“I’ve had these filbert nut trees for four years that I grew as a hedge. They always had

aphids and looked rather spindly. I put the compost tea on the whole row and they

look so much better. They have shiny green leaves and look healthy! CT Will probably stop the aphids and And another thing;

I’m a mechanic. I put my hands in the tea and they just feel softer.”Maybe we have the same microbes in TEA that cleaned up the beaches in Alaska .

2) I was planning on using the compost I activated/inoculated with oat flour. When

I looked at the tray today, in addition to all the fungi, I also saw green mold. What did

I do wrong? too wet? Does the mold hurt? does it smell OK?

 I don't know if the mold is OK or not. What do you think Jeff?

3) Four hours into brewing, can I add more water and food to a batch of tea if I make sure

the temperature of the water is the same as the brew? No chlorine?, Be careful not to exceed the recipe as far as food is concerned. at 4 hours probably not a problem. At 16 hours or 20 hours add very little if any food be ready to measure D O2

4) Paulette asked if ‘Super Thrive’ could be used in compost tea. Can it? I don’t recall

reading an answer to that question. And if so, when would you add it and how much

would you add? I am not familiar with super thrive. Sounds like the same rules as for kelp or fish?? who out among us knows all about SuperThrive in CT? But I will try toget some and experiment. Try to see what it does to O2 Bob

Thank you,

Judi

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor