[compost_tea] Observation and questions

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 18:53:20 -0700

1) I've had some feedback from one member of our fruit club who used
our compost tea
last Sunday. He just told me:

"I've had these filbert nut trees for four years that I grew as a hedge.
They always had
aphids and looked rather spindly. I put the compost tea on the whole
row and they
look so much better. They have shiny green leaves and look healthy!
And another thing;
I'm a mechanic. I put my hands in the tea and they just feel softer."

2) I was planning on using the compost I activated/inoculated with oat
flour. When
I looked at the tray today, in addition to all the fungi, I also saw
green mold. What did
I do wrong?

3) Four hours into brewing, can I add more water and food to a batch of
tea if I make sure
the temperature of the water is the same as the brew?

4) Paulette asked if 'Super Thrive' could be used in compost tea. Can
it? I don't recall
reading an answer to that question. And if so, when would you add it
and how much
would you add?

Thank you,

Judi