[compost_tea] Re: Re; Why activate the compost?

From: growest2002 <g.w.thomson_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 16:39:22 -0000

Dave-the yucca I can get in Canada is also "preserved", in this case
with copper. However, I am using it as a wetting agent at a 1:1000
dilution rate, so it winds up being only about 1ppm copper, which my
"home test" plates indicate isn't impacting the organisms.

Wonder if the benzoate would do anything significant in the brew at
the tiny concentrations you would have in there?

Glen

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "David Loring" <dloring3_at_c...>
wrote:
> Dan - Have you by chance used saponin and fish hydrolysate in the
same brew? I wonder if the oil in the FH might cancel some of the
foam from saponin. Also, I've only found a "food quality" yucca
extract for a source of saponin and it has sodium benzoate as a
preservative which means it shouldn't be used, right?

> Dave

undecomposed
> material for fungi to grow on.......
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Service.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!