[compost_tea] Re: Soil Foods was SFI Soil Test Results-After a Year

From: lmvine <Lmvine1_at_cs.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:02:44 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb_at_a... Elaine I. wrote:
> The compost tea provides the inoculum of fungi, since that is most
often what is lost with conventional tillage and chemical
applications.

> And we need to add fungal foods with the tea as well, because once
in the soil, or on your leaf surfaces, the fungi need food to
survive and grow. SNIP

That is a good point. I have low OM in my soil and have been adding
Saponyn and soluble Humic Acid to my tea soil drench just before
spraying BUT realize that I have not been using near enough HA to
feed the organisms. I appears that I should be using about 1.5-2
pounds of Terra Vita SP-85 per acre with each spray. I have been
using about 2 ounces per acre.

Does anybody add more organism foods to their soil drench CT? If so
what types, amounts & results? Dan

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!