RE: [compost_tea] Re: Simple CT maker and CT recipe

From: Ryan, Matthew <matthew.ryan_at_rodaleinst.org>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:28:25 -0400

Folks,

Just a quick question, how do we know that the ingredients we add will not =
have a detrimental effect on the microorganisms in the compost tea.

Elaine suggested using honey, but I've heard that honey has some antimicrob=
ial properties. This also relates to my query regarding peanut oil. I've =
heard that some oils such as olive oil, canola, lavender oil, ect are actua=
lly antibacterial.

Is it safe to say that due to the minute concentration of these substances =
in the tea, any negative effects would be negligible?

Thanks,

Matt