Re: [compost_tea] microbial food

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:44:51 -0500

In adding the seaweed, you are adding just enough to feed the microbes to g=
et the growing (Goldilocks theory!). You are not adding enough seaweed to g=
ive all the benefits of seaweed as you would if you sprayed seaweed at the =
recommended amount per acre.

Seaweed has 60 trace minerals and is a natural source of Vitamin B1, a root=
ing stimulator. These trace minerals are multiplied in the tea? Don't think=
 so. Is the Vitaming B1? Don't know.

Do the seaweed and then do the tea. The excess of seaweed that the microbes=
 or the plant does not use right away will just be food for the microbes th=
at you inoculate later. Just makes sense.
Steve Bridges