Re: [compost_tea] Re: NOP and CT

From: Thomas Giannou <thomas_at_tandjenterprises.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:31:40 -0700

Allison,

Here in Washington State, compost tea is approved for use by Organic Grower=
s. Washington State Department of Agriculture states they are in complianc=
e with NOP standards.

Perhaps what you read is out of date? I know at one time that statement wa=
s posted on the WSDA web site, but their position now is that compost tea i=
s fine to use.

I did get a rulling from the Washington State Department of Agriculture Org=
anic Food Division regarding the use of compost teas and synthetic chelated=
 minerals...

"Organic producers would need to document a micronutrient deficiency before=
 using compost teas enhanced with synthetic chelated micronutrients." -- Ma=
rk Amrhein

--Thomas Giannou
http://www.tandjenterprises.com