RE: [compost_tea] Re: seaweeds

From: George and Paulette Mouchet <geomouchet_at_QNET.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:24:08 -0700

Here's a link:

http://www.noamkelp.com/technical/slanalysis.html

Paulette

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Young [SMTP:sharkman_04101_at_yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 2:27 PM
To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Re: seaweeds

This must definitely be Elaine's influence on me...

Has anyone actually seen a trace mineral assay on kelp? I had to have one
done on our fish hydrolysate and I would love to compare the two. It was
very difficult to find a lab that was able to do the work.

Thanks,
Jeff Young

allisonhornor <allisonhornor_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi all...more on kelp and seaweeds

I think kelp and seaweed contain a lot of mucilage, which is exactly
what it sounds like, kind of snotty stuff (sometimes I get a little
grossed out when I prepare seaweed for cooking...it definately needs
to be rinsed!). Plant roots secrete the same kind of stuff and it is
a great polysaccharaide resource for bacteria in the rhizosphere. I
bet the guys in your tea would absolutely love it.

Take care,
Allison

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> Yeah Jeff, My thoughts: Jeff is nominated to do a scientific wag
test and report. Is anyone else equally qualified? What are the
contnets of seaweed and kelp? Ocean minerals and ____ ? Bob

> Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_g...> wrote:
> Seaweeds: Anyone done testing on varieties other than the North
Atlantic Kelp? For example, I made a great Japanese salad the other
day and used Arame seaweed. I soaked it, as per directions, and then
thought about the soaking liquid.....any thoughts?

> Cheers,
>
> Jeff L
>
> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. << File: ATT00079.htm >>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/0PSxlB/TM