Re: [compost_tea] caterpillars

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

I looked Jason;
Well the neighbor had 5 tents in one low flowering plum, would have been a geat test but he knew how to get rid of em. He cut off the branches. End or test. The tent on my tree is still huddlef with the dam caterpillers getting smalle and not movin off the tent. The nearby leaves are not being eaten. No expansion of the tent. I haven't found other tents in my aea. But I have sprayed CT several times so mybe they are not getting big enough to notice. I suggest you try some in your area and let us know results Bob

Jason Austin <jason.austin_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi Bob

Robert Norsen wrote:

> My TEA

- sorry, I stand corrected <grin>

> is always high bacterial. Sometimes medium fungal working toward
> high fungal
> Bob of bobsbnbrew.com web site soon!! Finally coming to a local
> computer!! Bob

I'm still interested in your experience that a spray of your tea has
quelled a nest of tent caterpillars. Tent caterpillars are making a big
comeback this season up here on Vancouver Island, and if CT really is an
effective weapon against them that would be good to know. Bob, if you
spray any more could you let us know the results please.

Thanks

Jason

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor